There are all kinds of articles and research out there touting the academic and cognitive benefits of music, but did you know that singing and making music can have significant health benefits as well?
Our Top 7 Benefits of Singing and Making Music
1. When we sing, we take in more oxygen and improve aerobic capacity.
2. Singing in a group increases the heart rate and reduces blood pressure.
3. When we participate in musical activities, such as singing, dancing, or playing an instrument, our brains release endorphins, which makes us feel good!
4. Singing improves blood circulation.
5. Music can relieve chronic pain.
6. Singing releases oxytocin, a natural stress reliever.
7. Singing boosts the immune system.
By the way, if you need a song to sing, we can teach you hundreds of Kindermusik songs to sing and enjoy, whether or not your child is in the car with you. Now that you know some of the health benefits of singing, you can hold your head high and belt all of the verses to “Wheels on the Bus.” Just keep your hands on the wheel when you’re singing in the car. Your child can take care of the motions from the back seat.
And if the singing thing is still a bit daunting to you, no worries. We’ve got some great tips on how and why to sing to your child HERE. Or you can join in singing the “Toe-Tappin’ Blues” with these adorable Kindermusik kids.